The Hydra Cup Dual Shaker is a unique fitness product insofar as it acts as two shakers in one. It has two separate compartments which means you can bring your pre-workout and post-workout drinks to the gym in one container. In theory, this sounds like a fantastic innovation but is it worth your money?
How Does it Work?
The design is actually pretty simple yet ingenious at the same time. The Hydra Cup features two separate leak-proof compartments which allows you to store two drinks in the same container. Obviously, the main reason for this design is to enable fitness enthusiasts to have their pre-workout and post-workout drinks in the same container.
However, what you use the compartments for is entirely up to you. Some people store snacks in the second compartment while others use it as a place to store their keys! The total capacity is 30oz so you have 15oz in each side.
Once your ingredients are in the container, the dual mixers beneath the lid proceed to help you mix your drink to the desired consistency. These mixers are designed to look like grates and do a pretty good job at allowing fluids and powders to mix together.
- The most obvious positive is the existence of the two compartments. The bottle is well designed so there is no danger of different drinks mixing together as long as the top is properly closed. No longer do you need to bring two containers to the gym.
- The Hydra Cup Dual Shaker can easily be taken apart so cleaning is not a problem.
- It comes in a range of colors AND slogans humorous to gym lovers.
- As the container offers a total of 30oz storage, even a 15oz compartment provides plenty of room.
- There are 4 locking caps and if you don’t push them all down correctly, your drink will spill down the sides. If you have two different drinks they could both be ruined.
- It doesn’t appear to be a good candidate for dishwashing regardless of what the company says.
- There are some concerns over the quality of material used with reports of the shaker breaking inexplicably. We did not find such flaws ourselves though it has to be said.
Hydra Cup Dual Shaker Customer Reviews
As you might expect, the majority of positive reviews focused on the convenience of the two compartments. It is an especially good purchase for real fitness enthusiasts as it significantly reduces the amount of containers you need to bring to the gym. Mix your pre workout drink and consume it just before you train and then further fuel your muscles with the essential post workout protein shake. However, you can simply enjoy two different beverages or add a snack to one of the compartments instead.
On the negative side of things, the biggest complaint was the general quality of the bottle. Customers complained about the lack of durability and were upset to find that the shaker cracked relatively easily. The locking caps also appear to be a problem as they apparently don’t lock properly. We did have concerns over the latches ourselves but we didn’t experience any of these issues.
Effectiveness: The two separate compartments worked really well and the dual mixers did a fine job of producing shakes with the right consistency. We especially recommend the Dual Shaker for protein shakes.
Convenience: The days of being forced to bring multiple containers to the gym are gone. Now you can have the necessary drinks before and after your workout or else you can add an extra snack.
Quality: Although the dual mixer and compartments are of good quality, we’re concerned about the durability of the material.
Value: The Dual Shaker represents excellent value for money since it performs the functions of two shakers.
Overall: The Hydra Cup Dual Shaker is an outstanding idea in theory and in practice, it works very well. As long as you seal the lid correctly, there should be no problems when it comes to the two drinks mixing. Unfortunately, the lid doesn’t appear to be reliable and there are question marks over the durability of the shaker.