According to BlenderBottle, its Classic model is the ‘world’s best selling shaker cup’. It has been on the market for over a decade yet it’s still the shaker cup of choice for tens of thousands of customers. We decided to give the Classic a thorough review to see if it is still an up to date model or if its time has passed.
How Does it Work?
This is an updated version of the original Classic shaker bottle and its main upgrade is a ‘loop and flip’ cap design which is said to make things even more convenient for users. The special BlenderBall wire whisk moves within the container as you shake it which means you can effortlessly turn thick ingredients into something drinkable in a matter of seconds.
The screw-on lid prevents spillage while the wide mouth means you should have an easy time mixing whatever ingredients you choose to place in the shaker bottle. The clear markings mean you’ll never have to worry about making a mistake with your measurements.
The aforementioned wire whisk is the chief feature in the BlenderBottle Classic. Once you’ve added your ingredients, simply drop the BlenderBall into the mix and watch as it works its magic turning a thick shake into whatever consistency you desire as you shake. The BlenderBall is made from surgical-grade stainless steel and can remain in the bottle as you drink its contents. It is safe to leave the BlenderBall in the shaker even when you drink water as it will never chip or corrode.
- The ‘loop and flip’ design is a nice addition as it makes the shaker bottle easier to carry and even provides you with a handy place to store your keys when you go to the gym!
- The BlenderBall does an excellent job of mixing thick ingredients so you can add peanut butter, yogurt and other items to make a delicious drink at the perfect consistency.
- Ideal for mixing pancakes, protein shakes, smoothies and more.
- It is free from phthalates and BPAs and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- BlenderBottle offers a ‘leak proof guarantee’.
- It comes in three sizes; 20oz, 28oz and 32oz.
- It is a relatively cheap shaker bottle.
- If you have an issue with the BlenderBall, it prevents you from enjoying the shaker bottle. There are replacement balls available from the company however.
- There are question marks over the long-term durability of the BlenderBottle Classic.
- The material used to make the shaker is quite cheap (hence the price) and has a tendency to crack and retain odors which means regular washing is necessary. The alternative is a very smelly bottle!
Blender Bottle Classic Customer Reviews
Despite the ‘cheap and cheerful’ reputation afforded to this shaker, the vast majority of reviewers were delighted with the purchase and were happy with the price they paid and the end results. Most customers were amazed at the effectiveness of the BlenderBall and said the shaker bottle was easy to use.
At the other end of the spectrum, those who left negative reviews mainly did so because of the quality of material. It seems as if the BlenderBottle Classic can crack and leak after a few months of heavy usage. While we had no problems with its durability, we haven’t had the bottle for several months.
We found the BlenderBall to be a fantastic innovation as it can mix even the thickest ingredients. This opens up a world of possibilities relating to the creation of new drinks.
We liked the ‘loop and flip’ cap design and the wide mouth and getting the best results is as simple as adding the BlenderBall to the mix.
We were pleased with the quality of the shaker bottle but we do have reservations about its ability to last a long time due to the cheap materials used.
You simply can’t complain with this very competitively priced bottle.
Although the original design is over a decade old, the BlenderBottle Classic’s upgrades means it’s still a match for newer rivals. It mixes ingredients easily, is easy to use, convenient to carry and good value.