Instead of waiting until the New Year to get your health and fitness back on track, start today with the aid of a body fat scale. This model from EatSmart is a hi-tech upgrade on the traditional scale and offers a host of measurements including the all-important body fat percentage. Keep reading to see if this product is worth choosing over its rivals in the niche.
EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale Features
BIA Technology: The scale uses Bio-Electrical Impedance Technology which sends electric pulses through your bare feet. You need to enter information such as weight, height, age, gender and activity level in order to get the most accurate reading.
User ID: Up to 8 people can have their information stored on this scale and these details can be kept private.
Easy to Read Display: The scale has a 3.5 inch blue LCD display with a backlight in case you want to weigh yourself at night.
Variety of Measurements: It measures body fat percentage, muscle mass, bone mass and total body water percentage.
Step On Technology: Instead of having to press a button, simply step on the scale to get it working. The auto recognition software means the scale is able to identify the user based on a previous weight.
- It provides you with the ability to keep track of measurements important to your health. It’s also a useful tool for people looking to add muscle as they can track increases or decreases in muscle mass.
- The Step On technology comes in very handy when you’re tired and groggy in the morning!
- The clear LCD display makes it easy to see your results even in the dark.
- You can share this scale with multiple users as the details of up to 8 people can be kept on it.
- The scale has a slim profile and its modern, sleek design makes it a cool addition to any bathroom.
- Its weight capacity is 400 pounds and it claims to be accurate to within 0.2 pounds.
- Although the scale provides a detailed range of measurements, it doesn’t have Wi-Fi capacity so you can’t upload it to your Smartphone, laptop or desktop.
- It gives inaccurate readings if there is excess moisture in the bathroom which means you shouldn’t use it directly after having a shower.
EatSmart Verified Customer Reviews
The EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Scale seems to be one of the biggest sellers on Amazon.com judging by the volume of reviews. To date, the scale has had almost 5,000 reviews with an average of 4.2 stars. An impressive 75% of customers gave it a 5 star review while just 6% were at the opposite end of the spectrum with 1 star reviews.
The majority of users are extremely happy with the scale’s accuracy when it comes to body fat percentage and muscle mass measurements in particular. Indeed, some users jokingly said they hated the scale because it works too well! It also comes with a handy user manual which tells users how to use the scale properly. The 4 x AAA batteries needed to operate the machine are included which is a nice touch.
There are relatively few negative reviews although a few customers claim the scale is inconsistent and unreliable.
The BIA technology used by the EatSmart scale is top of the range which allows for accurate readings and its ability to store the details of up to 8 people is very useful. The Step On technology is another excellent addition while the large LCD display with backlight guarantees visibility at any time of day or night:
This scale provides you with all the measurement options you need. As well as the usual body fat percentage metric, it also measures bone mass, water percentage and muscle mass which comes in useful for athletes:
Despite the protestations of a minority of users, we found the scale to be highly accurate in all its measurements. It does cause issues in rooms with moisture so not being able to get an accurate reading after a shower is annoying:
It is one of the best value for money scales of its kind:
It’s difficult to have too many complaints about this EatSmart monitor. It offers an immense amount of measurements, stores lots of data, is accurate and has some nice technological touches. We wish it allowed a Wi-Fi connection to upload your data to a Smartphone or computer but overall, this is well worth purchasing if you’re in the market for a body monitor: